Challenge Rules

Monday, October 22, 2012

Challenge #4: Thanksgiving



Welcome to the fourth challenge on this new challenge blog.  We are so happy you've joined us and can't wait to see what you've created.  The theme for this two week challenge is:

THANKSGIVING

Prize for this challenge is a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files
from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 100 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
Lots of free SVGs too!
Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.
One extra special entry will receive the"Creative Choice" button.



Ready for some inspiration?  Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts.  For detailed information and/or instructions, please click on their blog link.

 
Victoria from PAPER SQUIRREL:  "For my design team project, I made this Thankful hanging. It's approximately 5x7 and I'm thinking that it will end up as a thank you gift. How punny would that be?  :-) I really love the acorn and oak leaves from The Creative Pointe's "THANKSGIVING SET TWO" SVG collection and decided to create a colorful fall bouquet with them. On the original file, they are a small accent on the Happy Thanksgiving header. But, that's another bonus of SVG files! Isolating just certain elements in an SVG really allows you to maximize these files. You can cut just the part(s) you want and you don't have to cut them as is...you can scale them up or down, elongate them...whatever you want."  

Octavia from T's CORNER FOR SCRAPPIN' really wanted to use the turkey from the SVG set THANKSGIVING SET THREE and says, "As you can tell by the picture, I cut the base twice so it has the shadow when the turkey is popped up.   On each of the feather panels I added glitter (of course).  And, last, but not least, stamped GOBBLE TILL YOU WOBBLE and put the turkey on a homemade spring wobble!  How cool is that?"

Carolyn from GRANNY MA's CREATIVE BLOG created three lovely cards using THANKSGIVING SET ONE.  Her details on the first one:  "Pilgrim couple placed on foam tape--a technique I learned on Stamping School that creates a faux background.  I cut out the leaves I created (Granny Ma's Creations).  I placed three brads on bottom left edge"
The second card used the turkey silhouette from the same SVG set as the pilgrims.  Carolyn said, "I cut out the turkey and used foam tape to raise it up on the card base.  A pumpkin was created (Granny Ma's Creations©2012) and added to the right of the turkey.  I cut out a leaf and placed in right upper corner."
The last card features a background of scrapbook paper Carolyn found on a search for free paper...creating the card base.  Again with the pilgrim silhouette from THANKSGIVING SET ONE she created a frame to fit the front of the card and then cut out a white silhouette of the pilgrim sand layered on the framed piece.  The apron and hat/cap were cut out in black.  She layered some of the leaves on the frame plus added brads in each corner.  Carolyn had this to say about all three cards:  "I rounded the corners with my round edge corner punch.  On a couple of cards I roughed up the edges with my new toy, (by Imaginisce) that can distress the edges or emboss a name or sentiment in the card stock."
And finally, Carolyn's cutter was working overtime because she also came up with this darling turkey place card using the turkey file from the same set:  "to use at the table, or it could be used at the food table with the name of the individual dish written on the label.  Leaf was added to give it some color and dimension.  Card stock and embellishments from my stash from Walmart."

Cindy from THE CREATIVE POINTE used the turkey from the THANKSGIVING SET THREE, and also cut the "Happy Thanksgiving" heading from that set.  "I made the card base from Kraft cardstock.  I cut the background of the turkey from patterned decorative paper and then gave him some fancy feathers.  Lots of shading and details complete the card.  Please click over to my blog for the details", she said.

 
Shelissa from SHELISSA'S CRAFT STUDIO used the THANKSGIVING SET THREE heading to create this pretty place card for her Thanksgiving table..

Using acorns and leaves from The Creative Pointe's FALL SET, Pam from MZLAVR2's CREATIONS created these really easy but totally elegant napkin holders.  A fast way to dress up your Thanksgiving table!

Tina from TINA'S SCRAP CORNER created her Thanksgiving card using files from the THANKSGIVING SET TWO. Tina says, "The heading was cut from cardstock from the DCWV Rustic Stack and K&Company's Alleghany Plum stack. The turkey was cut from Recollections chocolate lovers pack and from my scrap stash. The background paper and the acorn border came from DCWV Stack 7 pack and came from one sheet of paper. The card base is from the collection of cardstock I have on hand. The corners are fashioned with Viva pearl pen-copper. The colors of the card reminds me of the leaves in their fall beauty right now."

Okay, now it's YOUR TURN to show us your creative Thanksgiving projects.  You can enter anything as long as it's a current project made using SVG (or similar) files.  Please link up below!

2 comments:

  1. Ok I added my card. It just took me forever because everything that could go wrong in the last 2 weeks has. Thanks for letting me play along too.

    ReplyDelete