Challenge Rules

Monday, October 7, 2013

Challenge #20: Halloween Cards


HALLOWEEN CARDS

If we receive at least 10 entries, the prize for this challenge will be a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 140 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
If we have less than 15 entries, the winner will receive this SVG set:  JACK PUMPKINS.  Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the"Creative Choice" button.

Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG  diecuts.


Vicki created a very cool coffin card.  She says:  "The Creative Pointe's "COFFIN CARD" SVG makes a classic Halloween card a snap.  Of course, I couldn't just do a plain and simple pine coffin...no way...I embellished my little heart out for extra eerie fun!  Check out my blog for all the details".  Vicki's blog:  Paper Squirrel

Carolyn made two great JACK O'LANTERN CARDS.  She says:  "I created two Halloween cards with the "Jack O'Lantern Card" from Creative Pointe. On the first Jack O'Lantern card I used design paper for the pumpkin, layered on black background. The card base is brown cardstock by Stampin! Up. I found the spider file in the Make the Cut library which I converted to a SVG file and placed at the tip of the hat. The spiders I stamped with an acrylic stamp I have on hand.  On the second Jack O'Lantern card I used orange cardstock for the pumpkin and the card base is from my craft stash.  The small skulls in corner of each card is a SVG file I created.   Both cards will be sent to my granddaughters in Korea along with a small Halloween gift of candy.:  Carolyn's blog:   Granny Ma's Creative Blog

Cindy used the new SPOOKY SPIDER CARD to create this shaped card.  She says:  "Shaped cards are so fun to make and send...children especially love them!  This one is super quick and easy.  Check out my blog for details on the little touches I added to make this card extra fun."  Cindy's blog:  The Creative Pointe

The JACK O'LANTERN CARD was very popular for this Challenge and Ruth's version uses some lovely designer papers.  She says:  "Happy October! I had a lot of fun picking patterns and colors for my happy Jack-O-Lantern card! I love how the card front is shaped on the edge so you can see the paper inside of the card! Also, if you have a Silhouette machine and use the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software and SVGs from The Creative Pointe, I've got a tutorial on my blog about my process when I use the files. I hope you're inspired to get cutting some fun Halloween cards!"  Ruth's blog:  Paper and Musings

 Octavia used all four files from the JACK PUMPKINS set.  She says:  "I used all four cuts for corner accents, backing them with  pumpkin ribbon.  The base of the card is an orange cloth swatch.  Inside I stamped "Happy Halloween" and embossed with neon orange powder."  Octavia's blog:  T's Corner For Scrappin'

Tina also cut her JACK O'LANTERN CARD using a Silhouette.  She says:  "I put this card together with a bit of help from The Creative Pointe's Jack-O-Lantern Card set, a set that has it all there--the card base and the die cut.  Talk about an easy way to put a card together. Check out my blog at Tina’s Scrap Corner for the details on getting this card cut and put together."  Tina's blog:  Tina's Scrap Corner

Carmen used the JACK PUMPKINS file to create two very cute cards.  She says:  "I created these cards using The Creative Pointe’s "Jack Pumpkins" file. This file has 4 cute little pumpkins and of course you can make them any size you want which is one of the best things about SVG files. I loved these little pumpkins, they all have such adorable faces and went together really easily. Would work well on any projects for Halloween."  Carmen'sblog:  Carmen's Creations

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
You MUST use a SVG or similiar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.
Please see "Challenge Rules" tab for more info...




2 comments:

  1. Hi, It seems as though my link was deleted, please could I ask why? I followed all rules carefully?
    x

    ReplyDelete