Challenge Rules

Monday, September 23, 2013

Challenge #19: For the Girls


FOR THE GIRLS

If we receive at least 10 entries, the prize for this challenge will be a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 100 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
If we have less than 15 entries, the winner will receive this SVG set:  GIRLZ SET ONE.  Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the"Creative Choice" button.

Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts.  Be sure to visit their blogs for all the details on their projects.


Starting us off is a lovely journal created by Vicki:  "A while back, I hit the mother lode in a Michael's clearance bin...oodles of hardcover journals for 50 cents each!  The catch?  The covers were garishly circus themed.  I bought several knowing that a little love would fix them right up.  Visit my blog to see how I used papers, embellishments, and The Creative Pointe's ROLLED ROSES and FANCY FLOURISHES-TWO SVG sets to create this girly journal."  Vicki's blog:  Paper Squirrel

 
Next is Carolyn's project, a lovely card created using the purse and shoe file from GIRLZ SET TWO.  "I created a gift card by attaching the two pieces of the blackout of the purse.  I also attached the tab to the back of the card, between the handle.  The clasp was cut three times from poster board and glued together. A 4th piece was cut and I used bronze pigment paint to color it then glued it to the poster board pieces to give the clasp some dimension.  The design paper is from a paper pack I purchased at Wal-mart.  I stamped the sentiment and then punched it out with a scalloped oval.  Inside of the card, I printed and cut the shoe heels and foam taped the red heels to the black backing.  I attached a ribbon to the top of the white piece of card and stamped with  a "happy birthday" sentiment."  Carolyn's blog:  Granny Ma's Creative Blog


Here's a cheery scrapbook layout created by Ruth:  "I sure hope you're as inspired as I am by the For the Girls Creative Cutting Challenge! I don't always take the time to scrap about my feelings about the special people in my life just focusing on one person and this challenge was the perfect opportunity for me to focus on my relationship with my daughter when I was a leader for her Girl Scout troop! So the FLORAL FRAME and the FLOWER SET ONE from The Creative Pointe were the perfect way to frame and embellish my page about my favorite Daisy Girl Scout! I hope you enjoy my page and I hope you're inspired to play along with the challenge!"  Ruth's Blog:  Paper and Musings

Cindy created a trio of PURSE CARDS.  "I had so much fun making these and creating the "faux" croc, patent leather and tortoise shell elements.  This new SVG file comes in two card sizes---making it so easy to use up all your scraps.  Hop over to my blog for the "faux" details and individual purse photos."   Cindy's blog:  The Creative Pointe

Carmen created a very cool mixed media project:  "This time I choose to work with FANCY FLOURISHES TWO.  I cut a stencil with multiple flourishes, using a prepared canvas applied texture medium.  I love the affect!  I added my daughter’s name and cut out a few more flourishes to decorate with as well as a peace sign and heart perfect for the 12 year old girl."  Carmen's blog:  Carmen's Creations

Octavia created this pretty in pink layout using all the files from GIRLZ--SET ONE:  "I wanted to reflect what a little lady I have.  Using all four cuts from this set:  mirror paper for the mirror, embossed the perfume bottle, named the polish (pretty pink-pink) and used mirror paper for the lipstick case for that chrome look.  I stamped "sweet girl" and embossed it with UTEE for dimension."  Octavia's blog:  T's Corner For Scrappin'


 
 
Shelissa also created a purse project and these were made into gift bags!  "I used the GIRLZ--SET TWO SVG cutting file that can be purchased from The Creative Pointe's online store.  The purse and shoes were cut out using my Pazzles Inspiration die cutting machine. The brown side of the purse was embossed using the Sizzix honeycomb embossing folder and I cut out the shoes with some paper from my stash.  On the front I used the same paper and some bling. Lastly, I used a blue paper sack that I picked up from Michael's and cut down to fit in between the two purse cutouts."  Shelissa's blog:  Shelissa"s Craft Studio


Tina created this feminine card using the ROLLED ROSES file.  "I put this card together with a bit of help from The Creative Pointe’s Rolled Roses set.  A little glitter among the petals just makes the roses a bit more special for a really sweet birthday card. The roses cut so well that they are a breeze to put together. Check out my blog for the details on rolling the roses."  Tina's Blog:  Tina's Scrap Corner

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
You MUST use a SVG or similiar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.
Please see "Challenge Rules" tab for more info...








No comments:

Post a Comment