Challenge Rules

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Introducing the 2013/2014 Design Team!

Next week begins the second season of Creative Cutting Challenge!
Before we begin, we'd like to introduce to you our two new designers and refresh your memory on the team from last season, all of whom are returning with more great projects.
Carmen--New DT Member!
"My name is Carmen Mitchell.  I live close to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  I am a mom to 4 and married to my high school sweetheart for the last 23 years.  I have been crafting my entire life so it has become a natural progression to scrapbook and card making. I use mostly Close to My Heart products as I love how everything goes together so easily.  After much debate I purchased an Ecraft by Craftwell about 2 years ago.  I wanted the ability to cut SVGs and create my own files, which I could not get with many of the other machines at the time.  I also use Sure Cuts A lot 3--love it!  Gives me options to do all the crazy things I like to try.  Looking forward to sharing some of my creations with you."

Ruth--New DT Member!
"Hi, my name is Ruth and I am in love with using my Silhouette Cameo to create lots of different creations. I started out with a Cricut Create about 3 years ago, moved up to the Expression a year later and then my dreams came true when I won a Silhouette Cameo from a giveaway this past March! I use the Designer Edition software to import SVGs and that opens up a whole wonderful world of cutting possibilities! I know I am blessed to have this machine and have the time to enjoy playing with it.

In my past crafty life (around age 10) I taught myself: quilling, calligraphy and counted cross-stitch. I really love quilting, too, but found that I wasn't excited about my fabric choices, so now I just use my need for mixed patterns to fuel my paper crafting creations! I just love mixing different patterned papers together! It's one of my favorite parts of crafting! This is my first design team and I don't think it could be a better fit! My Silhouette Cameo and I are looking forward to cutting out lots of files designed by The Creative Pointe!"

Carolyn
"I am a lady that enjoys crafting of anything.  I started with stamping, oh about seven years ago by attending a Stampin Up party and from there grew into digital stamps, cutting svg files, using first a Cricut Personal cutter.  Have graduated to a Silhouette Cameo which I love.  I have created svg cut files for the enjoyment of it.  I also quilt and crochet.  Enjoy reading good books...thrillers, spy novels (i.e. Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler and Robert Ludlum books).  And I will sit and watch reruns over and over again, such as NCIS, or one of the CIS series....lol
I am a widow with one son in the Army, serving in Korea for the next two years.  His family with him in Korea...a lot of skyping and chatting on Facebook.  They have two girls, Alexis 12 and Kassidy 9.

I am a transplanted Hoosier from Warsaw, Indiana having married my husband who was originally from Indiana.  I have a step-daughter Sonya with three children; and a step-son with two girls.  Sonya has a step-daughter age 25, her daughter 23 and a boy 19.  Step-sons two girls age 24, married and has a 3 yr old little boy and a baby.  Second daughter is 22 and so far single!!

I presently live with my sister in Alabama but miss the cold wintery days of Indiana...lol."

Octavia
"My name is Octavia Coleman.  I reside in Louisville, KY.  I am employed full time as an Administrative Assistant and just completed my Master's Degree in Management and Leadership earlier this year (yeah, me!).  I have two grown children and I have 11 grandchildren.  I started scrapbooking about 11 years ago and, of course, incorporated card making into that.  I was a scrapbook instructor for three years.  I love learning anything new about paper crafting.  I have made some good friends through crafting and I hope to make more.  If there was one word to describe me, it would be "SILLY".  I am known for my sense of humor and don't get me to laughing!......lol.  I am so excited to be a part of this group and I am looking forward to getting to know more avid crafters!"

Pam
"Hello, I am Pam and I have been crafting for many years. I started paper crafting when an employee where I worked brought in a scrapbooking magazine.  I was in awe of all the fun paper and goodies! Since that time I have gotten married to my wonderful and supportive husband John. Three years after we got married we adopted two beautiful daughters. Since then I have become a stay at home mom. I use all of my "free" time doing crafty things and visiting with my friends. Other than that I am driving to the library, sports practices, friends houses and more..."

Shelissa
"I am a wife and mother to three boys. I love anything that involves crafts. I have been crafting since I was a little girl. I started making cards and favor bags a couple of years ago.  I have also started back using my 
Singer Futura sewing/embroidery machine to enhance my crafting skills. I work full-time for a large university in the human resources department where I enjoy event planning and crafting events that I plan to help the day go by faster."

Tina
"I've always been a crafter of some sort but scrapbooking started with a couple of friends introducing me to the craft in 2007 and I've been at it since. I always loved taking pictures but then I just put them in an album, but scrapbooking changed all that, it redefined for me how to present a photo. Cardmaking began for me when I took a class at my local scrapbook shop: Scrapin' with Kat. I so fell in love with this craft.  The newest rage is SMASH-another form of scrapbooking but in a different light. When I started it reminded me of the notebooks I did in Jr. High school of ideas like wedding dresses, the cute men at the time or home ideas where you smoosh them on the page any way you want with a little doodling besides. Some of my favorite products is my cricut, my SCAL program and my cuddlebug/big shot. They all seem to work together in my papercrafting, but I'm just now starting to get in the stamping side of cardmaking and enjoy that also. I like doing cardmaking, SMASHing and scrapping and I like learning new techniques with it. Scrapbooking and Smashing shows what is going on at the time, in a creative way. I feel a card I make myself really comes from the heart and is just more rewarding to give."

Vicki
"I come from a "crafty" family and have felt the creative urge for as long as I can remember.  From drawing and painting, to needlecrafts, I dabble in it all, but papercrafting is my passion.  I also have a tendency to hoard away craft supplies and have been trying to overcome my aversion to cutting into the "good" paper...hence I am the Paper Squirrel!  I love all things vintage and my creative style often reflects this, however, I am not hard and fast vintage.  I also enjoy working with more modern and masculine themes, and often incorporate collage and altered objects into my projects. 

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design from Central Michigan University and have worked in various aspects of the home furnishings industry since 1998. Born and raised in Mid-Michigan, I now live in Southeast Michigan with my “boys”…my husband of 2 months (yep, we're newlyweds) and two crazy cats that keep me laughing (and sighing). Oliver, my cranky older shorthair and Dodger, my orange tabby youngster. "

Cindy
SVG Designer and DT Leader
"I've been a painter for over 20 years and had hesitated getting into papercrafting as I "already had enough hobbies",  but my sister became a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I received lots of product by helping her out hosting a party and then letting her pay off a washer with stamps! I basically just fiddled around making a few cards now and then.  Since I don't have kids I didn't think I "needed" to scrapbook. That all changed when my sisters, Mom and I created a scrapbook for my Dad's 70th birthday and I really enjoyed it. So...I made scrapbooks for my dogs!  And then for trips. Now I scrap everything that is meaningful to me. A few years ago I got a Cricut to make scrapping easier and then discovered Sure Cuts A Lot. What a revelation! I could make anything I wanted from paper! Now I design SVG files that I offer for free and sell online.  An avid "Challenge Enter-er" (is that a word?  lol) I decided to create this blog as I couldn't find any Challenges dedicated to SVG diecuts. 
I have a marketing degree and have worked in the newspaper business for almost 30 years.  I live "up in Northern Michigan" in the woods on a little lake...heaven on earth...with my hubby and bulldog pup Gus."

Now that you've been introduced to the Design Team, I hope you'll be back Monday, September 9th for the second season Kick-Off.  I know you'll love seeing what this group of talented ladies will be presenting!

1 comment:

  1. How fun to see the whole new team! I can't wait to see all of your inspiration for us.

    ReplyDelete